| OHIO STYLIST & SALON | JULY 2017 | 5
(B) The inspector may inspect or investigate persons holding a license,
boutique services registration, or permit or the facilities in which the
licensee holders, boutique services registration holders, and permit or
certificate holders work without prior notice in order to ensure compliance
with the board’s laws and rules.
(1) Salons, schools, and tanning facilities shall be inspected at least
once every two years.
(a) When an inspector finds violations, the inspector shall do a follow-
up inspection to determine if the licensee, permit holder, or boutique
services registration holder has corrected the violations.
(2) The salon, school, or facility to be inspected shall be randomly
(3) Assignments to inspect salons, schools, and facilities shall be made
according to the policy of the board.
(4) The board inspectors shall make reasonable inspections or investi-
gations during the normal business hours of the salon, school or tanning
facility or at the location where a branch of the cosmetology profession is
being practiced or demonstrated or taught.
(5) If the salon, school, tanning facility, or other location is “open for
business”or has no hours of operation posted, the inspector may conduct
an inspection or investigation whether the doors are locked or unlocked.
(C) If a complaint is filed, an inspector shall be assigned to investigate
(D) After any inspection or investigation, the inspector shall issue a
report that shall be signed and posted in the salon, school, tanning facil-
ity, or other location issued a temporary event salon license.
(1) The board inspector who has conducted a reasonable inspection or
an investigation shall prepare a report of the inspection or investigation
on forms provided by the board;
(2) The inspector shall sign the report.
(3) The owner, salon manager or individual authorized by the owner
to sign shall also sign the report.
(4) A copy of the report shall be left with or electronically mailed to
the owner, salon manager, or the individual authorized to physically sign
or electronically sign the document. Inspection reports that are electroni-
cally mailed shall be mailed to the electronic mailing address of record.
(5) The report shall be posted near the license of the salon until the
next inspection report is issued, and in a position easily seen by the clients
of the salon, school, or tanning facility. At a location, the report shall
remain posted for the duration of the event.
(6) Should the inspector find violations committed by individuals in
the salon, the individuals shall be given a copy of the inspection or inves-
(E) Persons being investigated or inspected shall cooperate with the
board inspector or investigator.
(F) Should the board decide to issue a notice of violation based upon
the charges, the board shall follow the procedure for the administrative
hearings as set forth in Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(1) Any fines or other punishment shall be as authorized in section
4713.64 of the Revised Code.
(2) A notice of violation shall be sent to the salon owner or school direc-
tor, as well as to the salon, individual licensee, boutique services registration
holder, permit holder, or unlicensed individual cited for violations.
(G) The board grants the authority to the executive director to oversee
the inspection and investigation process and to initiate disciplinary pro-
ceedings pursuant to section 4713.64 of the Revised Code for any violation
of Chapter 4713. of the Revised Code and rules amplifying the chapter,
including taking the following actions:
(1) To issue notices of violation and opportunity for hearing in accor-
dance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, and
(2) To oversee any disciplinary proceedings permitted in Chapter 4713.
of the Revised Code against licensed persons, boutique services registra-
tion holders, or unlicensed individuals practicing cosmetology or a branch
of cosmetology, individuals operating a tanning facility , or continuing
education or tanning operator certificate provider for failing to follow the
law and rules of the board.